Saturday 16 August 2008

Overrated!!!

(Prelude- my older brother has been whining like a baby. He says that I haven't been writing about controversial issues for him to tear apart with his 50 cent words. So here I go, and from the greatest movie of all time i will attempt to "Sweep the Leg".)

Our country ranks number 2 in dollars we spend for public education and close to 10th globally in quality. My financial advisor showed me a chart of what college will cost for Ruthie when she is 18. My reaction was "It's not worth it!!!!" Whether the aim is to create critical thinkers or well prepared business people, it just isn't worth it in my humble opinion.

So Dr. Jakers, what is your product worth? If costs rise will higher education become obsolete?
Does a more european approach to University make more sense?
LYLAS, GTG, BRB
the younger
nathan

No comments: