Thursday 18 June 2009

TRUTH: Possess or Seek


Our nation is polarized. The American Christian Church is polarized. We use language like "Left and Right, Conservative and Liberal, Evangelical, Progressive, Jesus Likers and Jesus Lovers, on and on and on.

I confess I've been involved in this rhetoric.

The Peanuts cartoon above got me thinking about the I think or process. Where am I flat out wrong when it comes to theology?
"Is it healthy to have some sense that you could be wrong in certain areas of faith or is that being mamby pamby?

"We are called by God to be seekers of the Truth, not possessors of it."

So why does possessing seem like the goal?
Doesn't seeking sound more fun than possessing?
Where could you be wrong?

In the words of the 80's band .38 Special, should we just HOLD ON LOOSELY?
under construction
nate

No comments: